What is Sperm?
Sperm are tiny male sex cells that can be found in semen. They are produced by the male reproductive tract and carry the sperm to the female’s vagina, where fertilization takes place. It contains all the genetic material that will eventually develop into a baby.
In order for reproduction to happen, sperm cells must combine with an ovum (egg) cell. Sperm contain nutrients to help with their journey into the female’s body, including sugar molecules called fructose to provide energy.
The Importance of Sperm Count and Motility
In order to have a successful pregnancy, you need a healthy sperm count and motility. The higher the sperm count and motility, the more likely you will be able to conceive.
This article will share some useful tips on the ways to increase sperm count and motility, in addition to the sperm’s quality.. quickly and naturally!
The sperm count is a measure of the number of sperm per milliliter of semen. The sperm count can be affected by a variety of factors including age, medication, diet, and lifestyle. Sperm count is a key diagnostic tool in the evaluation of male infertility. It is an important factor in assessing the ability of a man to produce viable sperm.
Low sperm counts can be a symptom of a variety of conditions, which can lead to male infertility. The average sperm count in a fertile man is normally about 75 million sperm per milliliter of semen. Men with the highest count also have the best chances of conception, with rates rising from around 30% to around 60%.
Sperm motility is the speed and direction of sperm movement. Motility is related to how successful conception will be. With increasing motility, an individual’s chance for fertilization improves. This movement enables the sperm to find an egg cell and reach its destination. As a result, sperm motility impacts male fertility.
Sperm motility is negatively affected by consuming alcohol, smoking and drugs.
Whether you are trying to improve your sperm count or motility, there are some simple things you can do, such as a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle. However, if you’re struggling with these basics, there are a few other options you should consider as well.
Simple & Quick Ways to Increase Sperm Count and Motility
17 Tips that Have Been Proven to Increase Sperm Count and Motility:
- Eat a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which protect the sperm from becoming damaged
- Take vitamins such as Vitamin C and Vitamin D
- Take supplements that help increase testosterone levels, such as Zinc, Magnesium and Ashwagandha
- Eat Ginger as it has proven to increase testosterone levels
- Eat blueberries, which have shown to help sperm motility
- Lower the consumption of Soy as it impacts your semen quality and decreases your testosterone levels
- Take a warm bath with Epsom salts, which increases the sperm count by 20%
- Exercise regularly to ensure good blood flow and oxygenation of the testes
- Have sex after working out, because men’s testosterone levels are often high after physical activity
- Avoid high consumption of caffeine
- Stop Alcohol
- Stop smoking
- Stop taking drugs
- Avoid the causes of stress and anxiety
- Avoid extreme sports which may harm your testicles
- Have enough sleep time and relaxation
- Lose the extra weight
Please always consult your doctor before implementing any of the above mentioned tips in order to ensure achieving the best results and avoiding any issues.
Sperm production declines as men age, and this can lead to low sperm count, quality and motility. However, men can increase the longevity through following a healthy lifestyle.
One of the most common questions that people have for their doctor is “How Can I Increase Sperm Count and Motility?” The answer to that question is actually quite simple: eat a healthier diet, exercise more, and avoid alcohol and smoking.
If you’re looking to increase your chances for conception, there are several things you can do to improve your sperm count and motility. The key is monitoring your diet and activity level.
You may want to checkout this useful related article about Best Supplements for Men Over 40.